Twitter is a free service* that allows you to follow updates for Napoleon Area City Schools through their website (http://twitter.com/napoleonschools) or through text messages to your cell phone. Napoleon Area City Schools currently uses Twitter for delays and cancellations please follow the directions below to get alerts to your phone.
There are two ways to start following Napoleon Area City Schools++:
- Text "follow napoleonschools" (without the quotes - note napoleonschools is one word) to 40404 from your cell phone*.
- If it is your first time signing up for alert, and you do not have a twitter account it will ask for your name. Please DO NOT use spaces in your name.
- If everything is setup correctly you should get a text back from 40404 stating that you are following napoleonschools.
- Sign-up for a Twitter account at twitter.com and then visit Napoleon Area City Schools Twitter page and click Follow. More help for Twitter can be found on the Twitter Help Pages.
To stop getting updates regarding delays, and cancellations you can do one of the following:
- Text "leave napoleonschools" (without the quotes - napoleonschools is one word) to 40404 from your cell phone*.
- Text "off napoleonschools" (without the quotes - napoleonschools is one word) to 40404 from your cell phone*.
*Please check your cell phone plan as to whether you have text messaging, and how much it will cost before selecting to receive updates to your cell phone. Some carries may charge $.15 or more per message, which could get expensive. It is always free to receive messages on the website, or through a Twitter client on your computer.
++Although Twitter is a free service* the district advises that you always check the radio or television to verify.